Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I found this map on the google website. I obtained the image by typing in California in the search box and clicking on images. This is a county map of California. It shows all the different counties mapped out and colored to stand out. The county seats and important cities are not shown on the map, hence giving me the reason to find it interesting; to make my friends and family name the county seats of California. It is a map I have seen before in other Geography classes I have taken and I have been assigned once to draw a county map of California and I found it a little difficult. Now that I have a better idea of California than before, I now come to realize so many things I did not know about California counties.



This is the map of the Republic of Cameroon in Africa. I also found this map on the google website. There are many reasons that make this map not only interesting but unique. Many have argued about where this country is located in Africa. Some say it is in West Africa and others say it is in Central Africa. Given the location of the map, it usually depends on who is looking at it and also whose opinion. Many political views and activities have come into play in such a way that the location of this map is Geographically insignificant to the common man.

This is the map of the Fertile Crescent. It embodies three continents and  no ocean. This map, like the others, is obtained from google. The interesting feature of the map is the simple depiction of the area in which civilization is considered to have begun. One very trivial thing about the area colored pink is that there was a lot of migration along that area, be it animals or humans. Migration along this area brought about different influences that helped civilize the area. It is also around this same area where the main monotheistic religions came to being. The fact that this place is one of the most critical places of the old world as well as mordern time, it makes it interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment